makes a chart showing prices and volume for each date.
makes a financial chart for the financial entity over the daterange.
makes a financial chart with indicators , , ….
- TradingChart by default includes a candlestick chart and a volume indicator.
- The dates are considered an ordered sequence of events, and are not shown on an absolute time scale. The date formats for are the same as used in DateListPlot.
- The and daterange are the same as used in FinancialData.
- The indicators can be any FinancialIndicator object.
- Wrappers can be applied to indicators using the form .
- Wrappers can be applied to the entire dataset using the form or .
- The following wrappers can be used:
Annotation[data,label] provide an annotation Button[data,action] define an action to execute when the element is clicked EventHandler[data,…] define a general event handler for the element Hyperlink[data,uri] make the element act as a hyperlink PopupWindow[data,cont] attach a popup window to the element StatusArea[data,label] display in the status area when the element is moused over Style[data,opts] show the element using the specified styles Tooltip[data,label] attach an arbitrary tooltip to the element
- TradingChart has the same options as Graphics with the following additions and changes:
Appearance "Candlestick" appearance to use AspectRatio 1/GoldenRatio overall ratio of width to height Axes True whether to draw axes BarSpacing Automatic spacing between candles ChartBaseStyle Automatic overall style for bars ChartElementFunction Automatic how to generate raw graphics for candlesticks ColorFunction Automatic how to color candles ColorFunctionScaling True whether to normalize arguments to ColorFunction DateFunction Automatic how to convert dates to standard form EventLabels None events to label GridLines Automatic grid lines to draw GridLinesStyle Automatic style for grid lines PerformanceGoal $PerformanceGoal aspects of performance to try to optimize PlotTheme $PlotTheme overall theme for the chart TargetUnits Automatic units to display in the chart TrendStyle Automatic how to style up and down trends ScalingFunctions None how to scale the axis
- Possible settings for Appearance include: , , , and None.
- The arguments supplied to ChartElementFunction are the box region , , and metadata .
- A list of built-in settings for ChartElementFunction can be obtained from .
- The arguments supplied to ColorFunction are .
- With ScalingFunctions->sy, the function is applied to all prices (open, high, low, close). ScalingFunctions only affect the display and none of the controls.
- Style and other specifications from options and other constructs in TradingChart are effectively applied in the order TrendStyle, ColorFunction, Style and other wrappers, and ChartElementFunction, with later specifications overriding earlier ones.