gives the modified Bessel function of the first kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- satisfies the differential equation .
- BesselI[n, z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for BesselI.
- For certain special arguments, BesselI automatically evaluates to exact values.
- BesselI can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- BesselI automatically threads over lists.
New in 1 | Last modified in 4