represents an extreme value distribution with location parameter and scale parameter .
- The extreme value distribution gives the asymptotic distribution of the maximum value in a sample from a distribution such as the normal distribution.
- The probability density for value in an extreme value distribution is proportional to . »
- The asymptotic distribution of the minimum value, also sometimes called an extreme value distribution, is implemented in Mathematica as GumbelDistribution. »
- ExtremeValueDistribution allows to be any real number and to be any positive real number.
- ExtremeValueDistribution can be used with such functions as Mean, CDF, and RandomVariate. »
New in 6