represents data that is used for the finite element method.
- FEMMethodData[…] is created by InitializePDEMethodData.
- FEMMethodData[…] can be extracted from NDSolve`StateData objects generated by NDSolve`ProcessEquations using the "FiniteElementData" and "MethodData" properties.
- In standard output format, only the degrees of freedom, the interpolation order for each dependent variable, and the integration order are shown.
- FEMMethodData objects are used as input for DiscretizePDE and DiscretizeBoundaryConditions.
- FEMMethodData[…][prop] gives the property prop of the FEMMethodData object. The following properties may be given:
"DegreesOfFreedom" degrees of freedom of system matrices "ElementMesh" element mesh "IncidentOffsets" offsets where incidents start for each dependent variable "Incidents" the mesh incidents "IntegrationOrder" the order with which each dependent variable is integrated "InterpolationOrder" the interpolation order for each dependent variable "Properties" list of properties "SolutionData" solution data "TotalDegreesOfFreedom" sum of degrees of freedom, hanging nodes degrees of freedom, and additional constraints "VariableData" variable data