gives a string indicating the type of local or cloud environment in which the current Wolfram Language evaluation is being performed.
- Typical values for $EvaluationEnvironment include:
"Session" local or cloud interactive session "Script" script run in batch mode "Subkernel" parallel or grid subkernel "WebEvaluation" cloud evaluation initiated by an HTTP request "WebAPI" API called through an HTTP request "Scheduled" scheduled task "BatchJob" remote batch job
- The "Script" environment is used by wolframscript for local script execution.
- The "WebEvaluation" environment is used by CloudEvaluate and by wolframscript -cloud.
- The "WebAPI" environment is used when code in Delayed, APIFunction, FormFunction, etc. is executed as a result of a web request.
- The "BatchJob" environment is used for code run via RemoteBatchSubmit and RemoteBatchMapSubmit.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
A remote evaluation inside CloudEvaluate:
An evaluation in a cloud task:
Once the task is finished, the saved environment can be retrieved:
Wolfram Research (2014), $EvaluationEnvironment, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/$EvaluationEnvironment.html (updated 2019).
Wolfram Language. 2014. "$EvaluationEnvironment." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2019. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/$EvaluationEnvironment.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). $EvaluationEnvironment. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/$EvaluationEnvironment.html