- The typical default setting is Assumptions:>$Assumptions.
- The assumptions can be equations, inequalities, or domain specifications, or lists or logical combinations of these.
- Assuming modifies $Assumptions and so modifies the value of default settings for Assumptions options.
- x∈Reals can be used to specify that x should be treated as a real variable.
- Quantities that appear algebraically in inequalities are always assumed to be real.
Examplesopen allclose all
Properties & Relations (3)
Assumptions from nested Assuming are combined:
Introduced in 1996
|Updated in 2003