evaluates expr, and returns the result, unless messages were generated, in which case it evaluates and returns failexpr.
checks only for the specified messages.
checks only for messages in the named message group.
- Check has attribute HoldAll.
- Check does not test for messages that have been switched off using Off, or by uses of Quiet that occur inside it.
- The operation of Check is not affected by being enclosed inside Quiet.
- In Check[expr,failexpr,"name"], possible named message groups are given by $MessageGroups.
- Explicit message names of the form s::t can be mixed with named message groups.
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (1988), Check, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Check.html (updated 2008).
Wolfram Language. 1988. "Check." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2008. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Check.html.
Wolfram Language. (1988). Check. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Check.html