represents a document generator with template template to be evaluated on the schedule defined by timespec.
takes parameters for filling the template from driver.
Details and Options
- CloudDeploy[DocumentGenerator[…]] sets up a document generator in the cloud. The generator periodically applies template, logs the results of the generation process, archives the generated document, and delivers it to any specified recipients.
- Document generators can be controlled using functions applicable to scheduled tasks, like TaskSuspend and TaskResume. timespec follows the ScheduledTask specification and may be None.
- The argument template can be a TemplateObject, notebook or template notebook, or a specification of the form File[…] or CloudObject[…] that contains any of these constructs.
- The argument driver can be an Association, a pure function or a Wolfram Language script evaluating to an Association, a notebook setting the value of $CurrentBinding, or a CloudObject or File that contains any of these constructs.
- If template contains template elements, the elements are filled from driver, or from template defaults if driver is not present.
- Cloud objects and files are copied and bundled with the generator when the generator is deployed, unless the specified resources are qualified as Delayed. Delayed resources are used in place.
- The following options can be given:
AutoRemove False remove generator after last scheduled run DeliveryFunction None how to deliver the generated document EpilogFunction None function evaluated after document generation GeneratorDescription None textual description of the generator GeneratorHistoryLength Infinity number of generated documents to archive GeneratorOutputType "StaticPage" type of document to generate NotificationFunction Automatic how to provide status notifications Permissions Automatic permissions settings for generated documents TimeZone Automatic time zone for scheduling
- EpilogFunction may be a pure function, notebook, CloudObject, or File.
- Common settings for GeneratorOutputType include:
"StaticPage" deployed web page "CDF" notebook served for download "PDF" PDF document "CloudCDF" cloud notebook
- Note that the choice of output type places no restriction on delivery formats specified in DeliveryFunction.
- In the cloud, the precise times at which documents are generated are typically determined by load-balancing requirements.
- The minimum time between generator executions in the cloud is determined by cloud configuration and policies, and will typically be a certain fraction of an hour.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Trigger the generator to run asynchronously using TaskExecute:
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Create a daily report of quiz scores. Simulate scores by sampling them from a NormalDistribution: