represents the half-line from the point p1 through p2.
represents the half-line from the point p in the direction v.
- HalfLine is also known as ray.
- HalfLine can be used as a geometric region and graphics primitive.
- HalfLine represents a linear curve or .
- HalfLine can be used in Graphics and Graphics3D.
- HalfLine will be clipped by PlotRange when rendering.
- In graphics, the points p, pi and vector v can be Dynamic expressions.
- Graphics rendering is affected by directives such as Thickness, Dashing, and color.
- HalfLine can be used with symbolic points in GeometricScene.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
A HalfLine in 2D:
Define a HalfLine starting at in the direction :
A HalfLine with varying thickness:
Points and vectors can be Dynamic:
Properties & Relations (4)
Wolfram Research (2014), HalfLine, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/HalfLine.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "HalfLine." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/HalfLine.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). HalfLine. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/HalfLine.html