represents the infinite straight line passing through the points p1 and p2.
represents the infinite straight line passing through the point p in the direction v.
- InfiniteLine is also known as line.
- InfiniteLine can be used as a geometric region and graphics primitive.
- InfiniteLine represents linear curve or .
- InfiniteLine can be used in Graphics and Graphics3D.
- InfiniteLine will be clipped by PlotRange when rendering.
- In graphics, the points p, pi and vector v can be Dynamic expressions.
- Graphics rendering is affected by directives such as Thickness, Dashing, and color.
- InfiniteLine can be used with symbolic points in GeometricScene.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
An InfiniteLine in 2D:
Define an InfiniteLine containing and going in the direction :
Points and vectors can be Dynamic:
InfiniteLine has infinite measure:
Convert the intercept form of a line to an InfiniteLine:
Convert the point slope form of a line to an InfiniteLine:
Convert the slope intercept form of a line to an InfiniteLine:
Convert the two-point form of a line to an InfiniteLine:
Convert the parametric form of a line to an InfiniteLine:
The tangent line to a parametric curve f[u] is given by InfiniteLine[f[u],f'[u]]. Find the tangent line to the parametric curve :
Use BooleanCountingFunction to express that exactly two conditions are true:
Visualize the axis of rotation for RotationTransform:
Properties & Relations (4)
Wolfram Research (2014), InfiniteLine, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/InfiniteLine.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "InfiniteLine." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/InfiniteLine.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). InfiniteLine. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/InfiniteLine.html