- Possible settings include:
True always keep existing versions when a new version is installed False uninstall an existing paclet if the new one has identical requirements
- When a paclet is installed, the default behavior is to uninstall any older paclets with the same name and requirements (i.e. "WolframVersion", "SystemID", and "ProductName" values in the PacletInfo.wl file).
- KeepExistingVersionTrue prevents older versions of a paclet from being uninstalled when a newer one is installed.
- You can use KeepExistingVersionTrue to keep an older version of a paclet around in case you decide to uninstall the newer one.
- Although KeepExistingVersionTrue allows older versions to remain installed, newer versions of a paclet are always used in preference to older ones.
Introduced in 2020