asynchronously installs or updates paclet.
Details and Options
- Paclets can be specified in any of the following ways:
"name" name of a paclet at a known paclet site "name""version" a specific version of a paclet PacletObject[…] a reference to a paclet on a paclet site
- PacletInstallSubmit returns an AsynchronousTaskObject representing the download and install operation that is occurring in the background, or the existing paclet if no update occurred, or $Failed if no such paclet is available.
- You can use operations like WaitAsynchronousTask to operate on the running task.
- PacletInstallSubmit will update an existing paclet of the same name if a newer version is available.
- PacletInstallSubmit installs paclets into the Repository subdirectory of $UserBasePacletsDirectory.
- By default, PacletInstallSubmit will look for a named paclet on all paclet sites given by PacletSites.
- When PacletInstallSubmit updates a paclet, it will delete the old version if the new one has the same requirements as the old one.
- You can use PacletInstall on the result of a call to PacletInstallSubmit to wait for the installation to complete.
- The following options can be given:
AllowVersionUpdate True whether to update an existing paclet ForceVersionInstall False whether to install the given paclet even if it is older than a currently installed version KeepExistingVersion Automatic whether to delete the old version when updating PacletSite Automatic look for the named paclet on a specific paclet site UpdatePacletSites Automatic whether to update paclet information from all known sites before attempting the install
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Use ForceVersionInstall to allow installing an older version when a newer one is already installed:
Use the PacletSite option to obtain a paclet from the specified site without registering the site as a permanent known site: