gives the base directory that the Wolfram System uses to store user-specific installed paclets and paclet configuration data.
- $UserBasePacletsDirectory returns the full name of the directory as a string.
- Typical values are:
C:∖Users∖username∖AppData\Roaming∖Mathematica\Paclets Windows ~/Library/Mathematica/Paclets macOS ~/.Mathematica/Paclets Linux
- By default, $UserBasePacletsDirectory is a Paclets subdirectory of $UserBaseDirectory.
- The value of $UserBasePacletsDirectory can be specified with the command-line option -pacletbase when the Wolfram Language kernel is launched.
- Typical subdirectories of $UserBasePacletsDirectory are:
Configuration configuration data and settings stored by the paclet system Repository the location where downloaded paclets are installed Temporary temporary files used internally by the paclet system
- These subdirectories are, if possible, created automatically the first time the Wolfram System is run by a given user.
- Paclets installed by PacletInstall and PacletInstallSubmit are placed in the Repository subdirectory of $UserBasePacletsDirectory.
Introduced in 2020