- Possible settings include:
Automatic acquire the latest paclet site data if the cached data appears to be out of date True always acquire the latest paclet site data False do not acquire the latest site data; rely only on cached information about available paclets
- When a paclet is requested by calling PacletInstall or PacletInstallSubmit, as an optimization the Wolfram System examines only its local cache of paclet site data to see if the paclet is available for download.
- The default value of UpdatePacletSites is Automatic, which results in occasional updates of paclet site data.
- To ensure that the locally cached data is up to date, use UpdatePacletSitesTrue.
- You can also use the PacletSiteUpdate function to force an update of your system's cache of paclet site data.
Introduced in 2020