acquires and caches current information about the available paclets on the given paclet site.
- Sites can be specified in any of the following ways:
"url" or URL[…] URL of a known paclet site "name" name of a known paclet site PacletSiteObject[…] object representing a known paclet site
- PacletSiteUpdate returns the list of updated sites, or $Failed for any site that could not be updated.
- PacletSiteUpdate has attribute Listable.
- PacletSiteUpdate is called internally periodically, but you can call it to make sure your system has the latest information about available paclets.
- PacletSites gives the list of known paclet sites.
Introduced in 2020