represents a function that has been loaded from a Wolfram Library.
- LibraryFunction is returned by functions such as LibraryFunctionLoad.
- A LibraryFunction object can be used the same way as a pure function.
- The function represented by LibraryFunction runs in the same process as the Wolfram Language kernel.
- The function represented by LibraryFunction can share data with the Wolfram Language kernel.
- Functions in libraries loaded by LibraryFunctionLoad can make callbacks to the Wolfram Language.
- The function represented by LibraryFunction is unloaded when the Wolfram Language kernel exits.
- LibraryFunctionUnload unloads a LibraryFunction so that it can no longer be used.
- Information for a LibraryFunction may include the following properties:
"ArgumentTypes" types of arguments "File" name of the library file "Function" name of the loaded function "ReturnType" return type of the loaded function
Introduced in 2010