represents the domain of prime numbers, as in x∈Primes.
- x∈Primes evaluates only if x is a numeric quantity.
- Simplify[expr∈Primes] can be used to try to determine whether an expression corresponds to a prime number.
- The domain of primes is taken to be a subset of the domain of integers.
- PrimeQ[expr] returns False unless expr explicitly has head Integer.
- Primes is output in TraditionalForm as . This typeset form can be input using pris.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1999
(4.0)| Updated in 2017