finds the pseudoinverse of a rectangular matrix.
Details and Options
- PseudoInverse works on both symbolic and numerical matrices.
- For a square matrix, PseudoInverse gives the Moore–Penrose inverse.
- For numerical matrices, PseudoInverse is based on SingularValueDecomposition.
- PseudoInverse[m,Tolerance->t] specifies that singular values smaller than t times the maximum singular value should be dropped.
- With the default setting Tolerance->Automatic, singular values are dropped when they are less than 100 times 10-p, where p is Precision[m].
- For non‐singular square matrices M, the pseudoinverse M(-1) is equivalent to the standard inverse.
Introduced in 1988Updated in 2003