moves the current selection in an open notebook in the front end in the direction dir by the specified unit.
repeats the move n times.
Details and Options
- The first argument of SelectionMove can be a NotebookObject, CellObject, or BoxObject.
- Possible direction specifications are:
Next make the selection be the next unit of the specified type Previous make the selection be the previous unit of the specified type After make the selection be just after the end of the present unit Before make the selection be just before the beginning of the present unit All make the selection be the whole of the present unit
- Possible unit specifications are:
Character individual character Word word or other token Expression complete subexpression TextLine line of text GraphicsContents the contents of a graphics object Graphics complete graphics object CellContents the contents of a cell Cell complete cell CellGroup cell group GeneratedCell cell generated by the current evaluation Notebook complete notebook
- Unless the option setting AutoScroll->False is given, the front end will scroll a notebook so that the result of SelectionMove is visible. »
- The front end will also usually highlight the region corresponding to the result.
- With direction specifications After and Before, SelectionMove will usually make the current selection be an insertion point between two units of the specified type. »
- SelectionMove returns $Failed if it cannot move the selection in the way you request.
- A GeneratedCell corresponds to an element of the output.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (4)
Properties & Relations (1)
Possible Issues (1)
Introduced in 1996Updated in 2012