yields solid mechanics strain with variables vars, parameters pars and displacements displ.
- SolidMechanicsStrain returns the mechanical strain from a given displacement with dependent variables of displacement , and in units of , independent variables in and time variable in units of .
- Normal strain where is the change in length and the original length.
- Strains are unitless.
- SolidMechanicsStrain uses the same variables vars specification as SolidMechanicsPDEComponent.
- SolidMechanicsStrain uses the same parameter pars specification as SolidMechanicsPDEComponent.
- Typically the displacement displ is the result of solving a partial differential equation generated with SolidMechanicsPDEComponent.
- For each dependent variable , and given as dependent variable vector in vars, a displacement displ needs to be specified.
- SolidMechanicsStrain returns a SymmetrizedArray of engineering strains of the form:
- The represent the normal strain and represent the shear strains.
- The default strain measure is based on an infinitesimal strain tensor model and assumes small displacements and small rotations.
- The shear strains used are engineering shear strains related to the tensorial strain by .
- SolidMechanicsStrain returns strains including initial or thermal strains.
- SolidMechanicsStress computes stress from SolidMechanicsStrain.
Examplesopen allclose all
Stationary Analysis (1)
Stationary Plane Stress Analysis (1)
Wolfram Research (13), SolidMechanicsStrain, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SolidMechanicsStrain.html.
Wolfram Language. 13. "SolidMechanicsStrain." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SolidMechanicsStrain.html.
Wolfram Language. (13). SolidMechanicsStrain. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SolidMechanicsStrain.html