downloads and installs the software package pack on your machine.
Details and Options
- SystemInstall manages the installation and configuration of external software packages called by certain language functions.
- Supported software packages pack include:
"Python" Python programming language for ExternalEvaluate "WinPcap" drivers for NetworkPacketCapture (Windows only)
- SystemInstall[pack] downloads, verifies and then runs a standard installer program for the package pack.
- SystemInstall prompts for confirmation before installing software on your machine.
- SystemInstall allows the following options:
Interactive True whether to run the external installer in interactive mode VerifySecurityCertificates True whether to verify the digital certificate of the software
- Some packages may require elevated user permissions to install.
- Some installations may require a machine reboot after the installation is complete.
- SystemInstall supports Windows and Mac.
Introduced in 2018