- Import supports the FCHK file format.
Background & Context
- MIME type: chemical/x-gaussian-checkpointGaussian-formatted checkpoint file.
- Plain-text version of the binary checkpoint file.
- Used to store result of quantum chemistry calculation results.
- Plain text format.
- Maintained by Gaussian, Inc.
- General Import elements:
"Elements" list of elements and options available in this file "Rules" full list of rules for each element and option
- Data elements:
"Molecule" a symbolic representation of the molecule model "Metadata" an Association containing results from the file
- Results such as molecular-orbital energies and occupation are stored in the "Metadata".
- The calculation results are also included in the "Molecule" element. Use mol["MetaInformation"] to retrieve them from the molecule mol.
- Three-dimensional coordinates from the file are stored in the molecule in the AtomCoordinates option value.
- Use mol["AtomCoordinates"] to retrieve the coordinates from the imported molecule mol.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Dipole and orbital information is stored in the molecule's MetaInformation:
Use FormulaData to convert to wavelength: