generates an animation whose frames are the successive expri.
displays fps frames per second.
- The expri can be any expressions, and do not need to be graphics.
- ListAnimate generates a Manipulate object containing an Animator.
- If it is not specified, fps will by default be chosen so that the animation lasts a total of 5 seconds.
- ListAnimate has the same options as Manipulate, with the following additions and changes:
Alignment Automatic how to align objects in the display area AnimationDirection Forward the direction of the animation AnimationRepetitions Infinity how many times to run before stopping AnimationRunTime 0 time elapsed since the animation last started running, or 0 if the animation is not running AnimationTimeIndex Automatic time index for the animation, where 0 is the beginning and the value of DefaultDuration is the end AppearanceElements None control elements to include DefaultDuration 5. the default duration in seconds DisplayAllSteps True whether to force all expri to be displayed ImageSize All the overall image size to use
- ListAnimate by default displays in an area large enough to fit any of the expri.
- With the option setting ImageSize->Automatic, ListAnimate leaves space only for the expri currently being displayed.
- The following elements are included by default: "ProgressSlider", "PlayPauseButton", "FasterSlowerButtons", "DirectionButton". These elements can be specified in any order in a list given as the setting for AppearanceElements.
Introduced in 2007
(6.0)| Updated in 2014