represents an inverse Gaussian distribution with mean and scale parameter .
InverseGaussianDistribution[, , ]
represents a generalized inverse Gaussian distribution with parameters , , and .
- InverseGaussianDistribution[, ] is also known as the inverse normal or Wald distribution.
- InverseGaussianDistribution[, , ] is also known as the Sichel distribution.
- The probability density for value in an inverse Gaussian distribution is proportional to for , and zero for . »
- The probability density for value in a generalized inverse Gaussian distribution is proportional to for , and zero for .
- InverseGaussianDistribution allows and to be any positive real numbers and to be any real number.
- InverseGaussianDistribution can be used with such functions as Mean, CDF, and RandomVariate. »
New in 6 | Last modified in 8