gives the full absolute version of the name for a file in your filesystem.
- AbsoluteFileName goes to your filesystem to check that the file name it returns corresponds to a file that actually exists.
- AbsoluteFileName["name"] interprets name relative to your current directory.
- AbsoluteFileName handles directory designations such as . and ...
- AbsoluteFileName yields an absolute file name, with standard pathname separators appropriate for your operating system.
- AbsoluteFileName[File["name"]] is also supported.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (3)
If the file cannot be found, $Failed is returned:
Introduced in 2008Updated in 2016