textually expands name to have the form of an absolute file name for your operating system.
- ExpandFileName["name"] interprets name relative to your current directory.
- ExpandFileName expands directory designations such as . and ...
- The result from ExpandFileName has the form of an absolute file name, with standard pathname separators appropriate for your operating system.
- ExpandFileName just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
- ExpandFileName[File["name"]] is also supported.
- ExpandFileName[URL["file:///path"]] converts a file-based URL to an absolute file name.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Expand the file name specified by the File object:
Introduced in 2008
|Updated in 2016