generates a decrypted version of a file, using the specified password.
generates a decrypted version of source, putting the result in target.
decrypts using the cryptographic key specification keyspec.
Details and Options
- DecryptFile takes a file encrypted by EncryptFile.
- DecryptFile works with both files and cloud objects.
- DecryptFile[key,file] returns the name of the decrypted version of file, or $Failed if the file could not be decrypted with key.
- DecryptFile[key,CloudObject[…]] returns a new anonymous cloud object containing the decrypted version of the contents of the original cloud object, or $Failed if the original cloud object could not be decrypted with key.
- DecryptFile[key,File[…]] is also supported.
- The cryptographic key specification keyspec for DecryptFile[keyspec,…] has the same form as for Decrypt.
- DecryptFile has the following options:
Permissions Automatic permissions to set for created cloud objects OverwriteTarget False whether to overwrite an existing file with an automatically named new file
- The setting for Permissions affects only cloud objects newly created by DecryptFile[key,CloudObject[…]], not cloud objects explicitly specified as targets.
- With Permissions->Automatic, any permissions set will be given by $Permissions. However, if $Permissions is not "Private", DecryptFile will give a message when it generates a cloud object.
- The setting for OverwriteTarget affects only files to be newly created by DecryptFile[key,file] whose names would collide with existing files.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Possible Issues (2)
If the Permissions option is explicitly set, no message is issued: