generates an encrypted version of a file, using the specified password.
generates an encrypted version of source, putting the result in target.
encrypts using the cryptographic key specification keyspec.
Details and Options
- EncryptFile generates an encrypted file, suitable for decryption with DecryptFile.
- EncryptFile works with both files and cloud objects.
- EncryptFile[key,file] returns the name of the encrypted version of file.
- EncryptFile[key,CloudObject[…]] returns a new anonymous cloud object containing the encrypted version of the contents of the original cloud object.
- EncryptFile[key,File[…]] is also supported.
- The cryptographic key specification keyspec for EncryptFile[keyspec,…] has the same form as for Encrypt.
- EncryptFile has the following options:
Permissions Automatic permissions to set for created cloud objects OverwriteTarget False whether to overwrite an existing file with an automatically named new file Method Automatic details of encryption method
- EncryptFile uses the same Method option specifications as Encrypt.
- The setting for Permissions affects only cloud objects newly created by EncryptFile[key,CloudObject[…]], not cloud objects explicitly specified as targets.
- With Permissions->Automatic, any permissions set will be given by $Permissions.
- The setting for OverwriteTarget affects only files to be newly created by EncryptFile[key,file] whose names would collide with existing files.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Properties & Relations (2)
Wolfram Research (2017), EncryptFile, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EncryptFile.html (updated 2020).
Wolfram Language. 2017. "EncryptFile." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2020. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EncryptFile.html.
Wolfram Language. (2017). EncryptFile. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EncryptFile.html