returns an n×n discrete cosine transform matrix of type 2.
returns an n×n discrete cosine transform matrix of type m.
Details and Options
- Each entry Frs of the discrete cosine transform matrix of type m is computed as:
1. DCT-I 2. DCT-II 3. DCT-III 4. DCT-IV
- The discrete cosine transform matrices of types 1, 2, 3, and 4 have inverses of type 1, 3, 2, and 4, respectively. »
- Rows of the FourierDCTMatrix are basis sequences of the discrete cosine transform.
- The result of FourierDCTMatrix[n].list is equivalent to FourierDCT[list] when list has length n. However, the computation of FourierDCT[list] is much faster and has less numerical error. »
- FourierDCTMatrix[…,WorkingPrecision->p] gives a matrix with entries of precision p.
Examplesopen allclose all
Properties & Relations (2)
FourierDCT is much faster than the matrix-based computation:
Introduced in 2012