represents a Matérn cluster point process with density μ, cluster mean λ and radius rm in .
- MaternPointProcess models clustered point configurations with cluster centers uniformly distributed over space and cluster points isotropically distributed with a uniform radial distribution.
- Typical uses include things like plants or trees as centers with seedlings as the points of the cluster.
- The cluster centers are placed according to PoissonPointProcess with density μ.
- The point count of a cluster is distributed according to PoissonDistribution with mean λ.
- The cluster points are uniformly distributed in a ball of radius rm around the cluster center.
- MaternPointProcess allows μ, λ and rm to be any positive real numbers and d to be any positive integer.
- The following settings can be used for PointProcessEstimator for estimating MaternPointProcess:
"FindClusters" use FindClusters function "MethodOfMoments" use a homogeneity measure to estimate the parameters
- MaternPointProcess can be used with such functions as RipleyK, PointCountDistribution and RandomPointConfiguration.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Properties & Relations (5)
PointCountDistribution is known:
Possible Issues (1)
Wolfram Research (2020), MaternPointProcess, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MaternPointProcess.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "MaternPointProcess." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MaternPointProcess.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). MaternPointProcess. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MaternPointProcess.html