opens an existing notebook with the specified name, returning the corresponding notebook object.
opens a notebook using the options given.
opens a notebook from any accessible URL.
- NotebookOpen[File["path"]] and NotebookOpen[URL["url"]] are also supported.
- NotebookOpen will usually cause a new notebook window to be opened on your screen.
- NotebookOpen returns $Failed if it cannot open a notebook with the specified name.
- NotebookOpen searches the directories specified by the NotebookPath global option for the front end. »
- With the option Visible->False set, NotebookOpen will open a notebook with the option Visible->False set so that the notebook never displays onscreen.
- NotebookOpen initially sets the current selection to be before the first cell in the notebook.
Examplesopen allclose all
Possible Issues (2)
A relative file name locates files relative to the front end's NotebookPath setting:
NotebookOpen does not look in this directory for the specified file name:
To open a file in the current directory, give a path based on Directory: