is an option for output streams and for cells that specifies how wide each line of text is allowed to be.
- Possible settings for output streams are:
Infinity an infinite width (no line breaking) n explicit width in characters
- SetOptions[stream,PageWidth->val] resets the line width allowed for an open stream.
- Possible settings for cells are:
WindowWidth the width of the window on the screen PaperWidth the width of the page as it would be printed n explicit width given in printer's points
- PageWidth->WindowWidth allows each line to use the full width of the displayed window, taking into account settings for CellMargins.
- The PageWidth setting of a cell sets the boundary for all of the cell's elements, including the CellMargins, CellFrame and CellFrameLabels. It does not include the space allocated for the cell bracket.
- PageWidth->UpTo[n] is equivalent to the lesser of PageWidth->WindowWidth and PageWidth->n.
- If the effective PageWidth is less than the window's width, the alignment of the contents of the cell is controlled by the Alignment option.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Properties & Relations (3)
Introduced in 1988
|Updated in 1996