represents a button that pastes expr whenever it is pressed.
displays with label on the button.
Details and Options
- expr is by default pasted at the current insertion point in your input notebook.
- PasteButton[notebook,label,expr] pastes to the specified notebook.
- PasteButton evaluates its arguments in an ordinary way, so that expr is immediately evaluated.
- PasteButton[Defer[expr]] creates a button which pastes the unevaluated form of expr.
- If expr contains a selection placeholder, it will be replaced by your current selection when the paste is done.
- Selection placeholders are represented by the character or \[SelectionPlaceholder].
- label can be any expression.
- PasteButton takes the same options as Button.
- PasteButton[expr] creates a button with equivalent functionality to the one created by Button[expr,None,BaseStyle->"Paste"].
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Default and "Pressed" appearance:
By setting FrameMargins you make the button content area larger:
By setting ImageMargins you make the button area larger:
Properties & Relations (2)
Possible Issues (1)
PasteButton does not evaluate its arguments on each click: