prints out the 3D model using a 3D print previewer.
prints out the 3D model using the specified 3D printing service.
saves a print-ready form of the model to a file in the format indicated by the file extension ext.
Details and Options
- The model can be any 3D solid Graphics3D or 3D solid RegionQ object.
- Printout3D[model] sends the model to the print 3D previewer application specified in Preferences ▶ Services ▶ Print 3D Previewer setting.
- Printout3D[model,service] will typically launch a preview webpage on the external 3D printing service.
- 3D printing services include:
"IMaterialise" i.materialise "Sculpteo" Sculpteo "Shapeways" Shapeways
- Printout3D[model,"file.ext"] attempts to save model in the appropriate format for the file, including "STL", "OBJ", and "DAE".
- The following options can be given:
Method Automatic method to use RegionSize Automatic the absolute size at which to print the model TargetUnits Automatic output units of the model Printout3DPreviewer $Printout3DPreviewer 3D print previewer to launch
- Printout3D[model] will automatically call the previewer specified by Printout3DPreviewer.
- Printout3DPreviewer can be used to launch the preview application for your 3D printer.
- Printout3D provides gateways to external 3D printing services. Its uses are subject to any restrictions associated with those services, and may require additional licensing and fees.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Uses (7)
Printout3D works with 3D special regions:
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Send a Sphere:
Use StringTemplate with slot named file to create a command to run:
Use Quantity to specify the range of a model and the output unit:
Possible Issues (2)
Use the setting RegionSize->Inherited to preserve the original size: