finds defects in the mesh region mreg.
finds only the specified type of defects def1, ….
formats the results according to format specification.
Details and Options
- By default, FindMeshDefects gives a mesh region with defects highlighted.
- Possible geometrical defect types defi on surfaces include:
"HoleEdges" edges around a hole in the surface "TJunctionEdges" edges that form a T junction "TinyFaces" faces with near-zero area "OverlappingFaces" faces that overlap
- Possible topological defect types defi include:
"IsolatedVertices" vertices without incident edges "DanglingEdges" edges without incident faces "SingularEdges" edges with more than two incident faces "SingularVertices" vertices with a non-disc neighborhood "TinyComponents" tiny connected mesh components "FlippedFaces" faces that point inward
- Possible format specifications include:
Automatic mesh region with defects highlighted "Cell" association with mesh cells for each defect type "CellIndex" association with mesh cell indexes for each defect type
- FindMeshDefects takes a PlotLegends option as well the options of MeshRegion.
- With the setting PlotLegendsAutomatic, a legend is produced for each type of defect.
Examplesopen allclose all
Use Placed to control the placement of legends:
Wolfram Research (2016), FindMeshDefects, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindMeshDefects.html.
Wolfram Language. 2016. "FindMeshDefects." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindMeshDefects.html.
Wolfram Language. (2016). FindMeshDefects. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindMeshDefects.html