gives the morphological top-hat transform of image with respect to structuring element ker.
gives the top-hat transform with respect to a range-r square.
applies top-hat transform to an array of data.
- TopHatTransform works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- TopHatTransform works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing 0s and 1s.
- TopHatTransform automatically pads structuring elements to have odd dimensions.
- TopHatTransform[image,r] is equivalent to TopHatTransform[image,BoxMatrix[r]].
- If multiple image channels are present, TopHatTransform operates on each of them separately.
- TopHatTransform preserves regions smaller than the structuring element whose channel values are larger than their surroundings.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Interactive Examples (1)
Use Manipulate to extract successively larger objects: