gives the morphological dilation of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the dilation with respect to a range-r square.
applies dilation to an array of data.
Details and Options
- Dilation is also known as Minkowski addition.
- Dilation works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, operating separately on each channel, as well as data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- Dilation[image,r] is equivalent to Dilation[image,BoxMatrix[r]].
- The structuring element is automatically padded with zeros to have odd dimensions. »
- Dilation takes a Padding option that specifies the values to assume for pixels outside the image.
- By default, Padding0 is used for images, corresponding to pixel value 0 for all channels.