gives the morphological erosion of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the erosion with respect to a range-r square.
applies erosion to an array of data.
Details and Options
- Erosion is also known as Minkowski subtraction.
- Erosion works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, operating separately on each channel, as well as data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- Erosion[image,r] is equivalent to Erosion[image,BoxMatrix[r]].
- The structuring element is automatically padded with zeros to have odd dimensions. »
- Erosion takes a Padding option that specifies the values to assume for pixels outside the image.
- By default, Padding->1 is used for images, corresponding to pixel value for all channels.
Introduced in 2008Updated in 2012