gives the fixed point of the geodesic erosion of the marker constrained by the mask.
Details and Options
- GeodesicErosion works with binary, grayscale, and multichannel images, operating on each channel separately.
- GeodesicErosion works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- GeodesicErosion[marker,mask] effectively starts with marker then repeatedly erodes it, masking with mask until the result no longer changes. For symbolic data, the geodesic erosion is done only once.
- GeodesicErosion[marker,mask,n] iterates the erosion process at most n times.
- GeodesicErosion effectively performs a morphological reconstruction by dilation.
- The following options can be given:
CornerNeighbors True whether to include corner neighbors Padding None padding method to use
- The default setting Padding->None considers smaller neighborhoods at the edges of an image.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2012