"Octave" (External Evaluation System)
- GNU Octave is a scientific programming language with powerful mathematics-oriented syntax.
- Octave Version 4.2.2 and higher is supported.
- To configure Octave for use in the Wolfram Language, follow the instructions from the Configure Octave for ExternalEvaluate workflow.
- ExternalEvaluate["Octave",code] executes the code string in Octave and returns the results as a Wolfram Language expression.
- The following Octave built-in types are supported:
logical True | False Boolean True/False values int8, int16, int32, etc. Integer integer float Real real number complex Complex complex number (returning from Octave only) char String string of characters matrix List list of objects struct Association associative array cell List variable container of different size and type Inf ComplexInfinity quantity with infinite magnitude NaN Indeterminate not well defined numerical result
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Type > and select Octave from the drop-down menu to get a code cell that uses ExternalEvaluate to evaluate:
Create a Complex number in Octave and return the result:
Session Options (4)
Command Options (4)
Put code in a CloudObject:
The same result can be achieved by using a Rule:
You can also pass arguments by creating an ExternalFunction: