gives a list of vertex degrees for the vertices in the underlying simple graph of g.
gives a list of vertex in-degrees.
gives a list of vertex out-degrees.
uses rules vw to specify the graph g.
- DegreeCentrality will give high centralities to vertices that have high vertex degrees.
- The vertex degree for a vertex is the number of edges incident to .
- For a directed graph, the in-degree is the number of incoming edges and the out-degree is the number of outgoing edges.
- For an undirected graph, in-degree and out-degree coincide.
- DegreeCentrality works with undirected graphs, directed graphs, multigraphs, and mixed graphs.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Highlight the degree centrality for CycleGraph:
A network of email sent to the MathGroup list in November 2011. Construct a social network of users, with an edge from to if has sent at least one reply to . Find the users who are the most active at answering questions:
Properties & Relations (5)
Use VertexDegree to obtain the degree of a specific vertex: