represents a resource identified by id in the external identifier system "type".
includes the metadata given by the association meta to this instance of the external identifier object.
- id is usually a string. Other expressions like integers are supported for certain external identifier types.
- If meta contains a key "Label", then the corresponding value is used for display.
- ExternalIdentifier[...]["prop"] can be used to access data about identifiers. Properties include:
"Type" the external identifier type "ExternalID" the raw identifier "Label" the label of the resource stored in meta "Description" the description of the resource stored in meta "URL" a URL to a description of the resource "Hyperlink" a Hyperlink to a description of the resource "ConceptURI" a URL identifying the resource
- The value of the "ConceptURI" identifies a resource in the semantic web. When dereferenced, it usually redirects to a machine- or human-readable description of the resource.
- The value of "URL" typically defaults to the value of "ConceptURI".
- Values of "Hyperlink" are obtained by applying Hyperlink to non-missing values of "URL".