ServiceConnectListing of Supported External Services »
creates a connection to an external service.
uses the specified connection identifier.
Details and Options
- ServiceConnect works with a growing number of external services, given in the guide "Listing of Supported External Services".
- If it succeeds in making a connection, ServiceConnect returns a ServiceObject.
- ServiceConnect["service"] will attempt to reopen a stored connection to a particular service if it exists.
- ServiceConnect["service","New"] forces a new connection to be created to a particular service.
- ServiceConnect["service","uuid"] attempts to reopen the connection corresponding to the specified ServiceObject UUID.
- With the option SaveConnection True, ServiceConnect will store the connection in the cloud-connected user's account.
- ServiceConnect will typically launch a webpage on the external service to authorize the Wolfram Connector app for that service.
- ServiceConnect supports the Authentication option that allows authentication parameters to be given.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Connect to the Yelp API using the Authentication option to send an API key as part of the header to authenticate with the service:
Connect to the Reddit API, authenticating with a particular Reddit app instead of the default Wolfram Connector app:
Wolfram Research (2014), ServiceConnect, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ServiceConnect.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "ServiceConnect." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ServiceConnect.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). ServiceConnect. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ServiceConnect.html