gives a sorted list of the elements common to all the listi.
Details and Options
- If the listi are considered as sets, Intersection gives their intersection.
- Intersection[list1,list2,…] can be input in StandardForm and InputForm as list1⋂list2⋂…. The character ⋂ can be entered as inter or \[Intersection].
- The listi must have the same head, but it need not be List.
- Intersection[list1,…,SameTest->test] applies test to each pair of elements in the listi to determine whether they should be considered the same.
- Intersection[a,b] can be entered in StandardForm and InputForm as a⋂b or a∖[Intersection]b.
Introduced in 1988Updated in 1996