gives the base-10 logarithm of x.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Log10 gives exact rational number results when possible.
- For certain special arguments, Log10 automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Log10 can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Log10 automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (5)
Log10 gives the logarithm to base 10:
Numerical Evaluation (6)
Specific Values (5)
Plot the Log10 function:
Function Properties (10)
Log10 is defined for all positive values:
Log10 is defined for all nonzero complex values:
Log10 achieves all real values:
Log10 is not an analytic function:
Log10 has a branch cut along the negative real axis:
Log10 is monotonic on the positive reals:
Log10 is injective:
Log10 is surjective:
Log10 is neither non-negative nor non-positive:
Log10 has both singularities and discontinuities for x≤0:
Log10 is concave on the positive reals:
Series Expansions (5)
Function Identities and Simplifications (6)
Basic identity for Log10:
Plot the spectrum in the complex plane using ParametricPlot3D:
Wolfram Research (2008), Log10, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Log10.html.
Wolfram Language. 2008. "Log10." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Log10.html.
Wolfram Language. (2008). Log10. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Log10.html