gives the natural logarithm of z (logarithm to base ).
gives the logarithm to base b.
- Log is a mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Log gives exact rational number results when possible.
- For certain special arguments, Log automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Log can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Log automatically threads over lists.
- Log[z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
Examplesopen all close all
Introduced in 1988