returns a list of the ei for which the value of f[ei] is maximal.
returns a list of the ei corresponding to the n largest f[ei].
- Values of f[ei] are compared using the same canonical order as in Sort.
- The maximal ei are returned in the order they appear in the input.
- In the case of MaximalBy[list,f,n], the ei are sorted in the order of decreasing f[ei], with those having the same value of f[ei] being taken in the order they appear in list.
- MaximalBy[list,f, UpTo[n]] gives n elements, or as many as are available.
- MaximalBy[f][expr] is equivalent to MaximalBy[expr,f].
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Possible Issues (3)
The maximal element is determined using OrderedQ, not numerical ordering: