represents a Student distribution with ν degrees of freedom.
represents a Student distribution with location parameter μ, scale parameter σ, and ν degrees of freedom.
- The probability density for value in a Student distribution with degrees of freedom is proportional to . »
- With location parameter and scale , follows a standard Student distribution with ν degrees of freedom.
- For integer ν, the Student distribution gives the distribution of the deviation from the true mean of the observed mean for a sample of ν values from a normal distribution, normalized by standard deviation of the sample.
- StudentTDistribution allows μ to be any real number and σ and ν to be any positive real numbers.
- StudentTDistribution can be used with such functions as Mean, CDF, and RandomVariate. »
Introduced in 2007
(6.0)| Updated in 2008