represents a Student distribution with degrees of freedom.
StudentTDistribution[, , ]
represents a Student distribution with location parameter , scale parameter , and degrees of freedom.
- The probability density for value in a Student distribution with degrees of freedom is proportional to . »
- With location parameter and scale , follows a standard Student distribution with degrees of freedom.
- For integer , the Student distribution gives the distribution of the deviation from the true mean of the observed mean for a sample of values from a normal distribution, normalized by standard deviation of the sample.
- StudentTDistribution allows to be any real number and and to be any positive real numbers.
- StudentTDistribution can be used with such functions as Mean, CDF, and RandomVariate. »
New in 6 | Last modified in 7