represents the algebraic number in the field given by .
- AlgebraicNumber objects in the same field are automatically combined by arithmetic operations.
- The generator θ can be any algebraic number, represented in terms of radicals or Root objects. The coefficients ci must be integers or rational numbers.
- AlgebraicNumber is automatically reduced so that θ is an algebraic integer, and the list of ci is of length equal to the degree of the minimal polynomial of θ.
- AlgebraicNumber objects are always treated as numeric quantities.
- N finds the approximate numerical value of an AlgebraicNumber object.
- Operations such as Abs, Re, Round, and Less can be used on AlgebraicNumber objects.
- RootReduce can be used to transform AlgebraicNumber objects into Root objects.
- A particular algebraic number can have many different representations as an AlgebraicNumber object. Each representation is characterized by the generator θ specified for the field.
- AlgebraicNumber objects representing integers or rational numbers are automatically reduced to explicit integer or rational form.
Introduced in 2007